Joint Venture with KWS
KWS POTATO B.V. is the new name of the former joint venture Van Rijn - KWS and is a 100 % subsidiary of KWS SAAT AG. The breeding program will be fully supported with R&D technologies and knowhow available and developed in the future.
Key Facts about R&D within the KWS group:
- Focus on R&D and technology: ~15% of sales is invested annually in R&D
- Approximately 1.000 KWS employees work for the R&D department. 100 of those employees are scientists and assistants, who are experts in the field of biotechnology.
- KWS sees a strong combination between plant breeding and biotechnology.
- The KWS Group has business activities in more than 70 countries.
- KWS participates in and contributes to several public science projects.